ShareThis

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Pretty oranges!!

Decided to use one of my new Anchors Away polishes yesterday -- China Glaze's Life Preserver. Boy, does this polish name ever suit the color. This orange couldn't be ANY closer to the color of a life preserver! But I keep having problems with the brushes getting giant globs of polish on these Anchors Away colors. Has anyone else had that problem? It's no big deal...just a little bit annoying.

Here is two coats of Life Preserver.




Then, I saw my Matte Magic sitting in my random nail art/base coat/top coat/fun stuff drawer and remembered that I hadn't used it in a while. I decided to slap some on to Life Preserver. I think some colors just don't work well as matte colors, and well... this is one of them. I'm SO not a fan of this. What do you think?


I'm just not a fan. I think dark colors work better. After the failure with matte top coat, I just had to do something to pretty-fy it again. I found an orange Wet 'n' Wild glitter polish that I received in a giveaway that I've yet to use, and I LOVE THIS!! It's so...magical and orange-y and sparkley. Look at that gold sparkle!! So pretty.




I really love this combination, but one thing I HATE about these Wet 'n' Wild polishes is that they chip SO easily. I already had a chip in this last night like 5 hours after I did this manicure.

Happy Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. Starboard and Life Preserver are my favorite colors in this collection.
    I'm glad to be your first follower... ;-)
    Greetings from Barcelona

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great site and I love all the new ideas...yea, your 2nd follower...love Rhonda!!!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you and read every one of your comments! Leave a comment below :) We request that you do not post links to your blog in the comment section. If you want us to check out your blog, please send us an email at mad.manis@yahoo.com. Comments with links will, regretfully, be removed.