ShareThis

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Sinful - Mint Apple (with the wonkiest brush ever)

Last night I decided I wanted to use a color I've never done a full mani with before -- Sinful's Mint Apple. I got this over the summer when I had just started getting into nails and nail art, and I only used it once for some nail art. I really like this color, but I didn't leave it on for long at all due to the shitty application problems I had with it. The brush (at least on my bottle) is WONKY! Look at this, this is how the polish was when I opened it for the first time over the summer. Maybe it's why I was so hesitant on using it again after the nail art mani I did with it...



Look at that!! Seriously?! I ended up cutting off the wonky part with scissors, and it made the application a little easier, but then the rest of the brush started separating too. Ugh...annoying. Oh well, I managed to get it looking pretty good by the time I was done.

This is three coats of Sinful's Mint Apple. I probably could've gotten away with 2, but I did 3 for good measure.




I wanted to add a little something to it, but I there were no creative juices flowing. So I just stuck with two little yellow heart rhinestones. It's simple, but it works. I tried an art idea I had in my head with the little hearts...but it didn't end up as I'd imagined, so I'll spare you that.



It's cute, but I've already taken this mani off. I get so bored with colors unless I'm using one I REALLY like.

I also wanted to post this -- I got this for Christmas from my mom (aka The Nail Fairy) and I just think it is SO CUTE!! It's from Vera Bradley.. it's a little manicure kit and this thing has come in SO handy. They have a couple different colors on the website.



This is how it looks when it's all closed up. Here is the inside of the manicure kit. It holds little scissors, clippers, a file, a cuticle pusher and tweezers. Ahhh it's so cute! :)



It's finally warmed up a little bit here in Indiana to a whopping 49 degrees. It made walking to and from class bearable though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you and read every one of your comments! Leave a comment below :) We request that you do not post links to your blog in the comment section. If you want us to check out your blog, please send us an email at mad.manis@yahoo.com. Comments with links will, regretfully, be removed.