ShareThis

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Jess' Champagne Toast

Hi all! Today I have for you a polish that I received from my mama (aka co-owner of this blog!) for Christmas. It's Barielle's Jess' Champagne Toast. I really like this color, but I do think it has some downsides. It's extremely thick, for one. The first time I tried this polish over Christmas break I actually gave up and took it right off because it was SO difficult to get even. It worked better this time, when I used very thick coats, but still...annoying. Also, it has these teeny tiny pink glitters in it, which make it sparkle and reflect and look pretty, but it also does this funky thing where it feels AND looks gritty. It's like the glitter got stuck in the actual color so you can't visually see it, but you can feel it and see the grittiness of it. I don't know how to explain it. Oh well, it's still a pretty color, just needs a top coat over it.

I realize that this is very similar to my tiger stripe mani... I didn't realize that until I finished this. Also, apparently a black striper is easier to use than a white one, because these kind of look like I did them with my eyes closed. Oh well :)


Here's a close up of the color/texture of this polish...


What do you think? Any fun plans for St. Patty's Day???! :)

1 comment:

  1. Its unfortunate the texture isn't great because this polish has a great colour!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you and read every one of your comments! Leave a comment below :) We request that you do not post links to your blog in the comment section. If you want us to check out your blog, please send us an email at mad.manis@yahoo.com. Comments with links will, regretfully, be removed.