ShareThis

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Stars and Stripes Forever

Hello everyone, sorry for my recent absence and it's good to be back.  I've had some personal issues I had to take care of and I'm having a terrible string of bad manicures I haven't wanted to post.

In keeping with the holiday weekend I'm posting an Independence Day manicure as well.  This mani was partly inspired by Kayla Shevonne.



I started with a base of OPI Nail Envy then for the blue fields I used OPI Russian Navy matte.  I let that dry thoroughly then applied a top coat of SV.

Then I taped off the tips of my nails and stamped 2 different star patterns from BM20 and 21 with white Konad special polish.  After that was dry I removed the tape and freehanded a white french tip with Pure Ice Superstar.  On top of the french tip I freehanded red stripes with a Sinful Colors nail art polish in red.  The stripes were really hard because I don't have a very steady hand. 

On my thumbs I used 2 coats of Milani Rock Star Heavy Glitter in Red Sparkle.  I really like how this turned out.  I feel so festive!

Here's the Russian Navy by itself without top coat.

And with SV to make it shiny

And here are some pics of the finished mani



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you and read every one of your comments! Leave a comment below :) We request that you do not post links to your blog in the comment section. If you want us to check out your blog, please send us an email at mad.manis@yahoo.com. Comments with links will, regretfully, be removed.