ShareThis

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Orly Passion Fruit fauxnad

Happy Pink Wednesday everyone (this post was supposed to go up yesterday but Amanda and I had a scheduling conflict!  sorry about that!)

I know you're thinking to yourself - that doesn't look pink.  But the camera is playing tricks on your eyes.  May I introduce Orly Passion Fruit, which is a bright neon coral jelly.  It actually looks more pink in the bottle than the nail - once you get it on, it leans a little more orange.

Passion Fruit applied very nicely and dried fast.  I didn't have any issues with streaking, dragging or cuticle pooling.  I initially was going to do 2 coats, but realized I still had VNL so I went ahead and added a third coat.  As I mentioned, Passion Fruit dries with a jelly type finish so I topped it with SV for some shine. 



I decided today was the day I wanted to try out my Color Club Copy Coats scented topcoats.  I used the pink one - named Mimic - because I have read elsewhere that these topcoats; although only slightly tinted, can cause mimimal color shifts in your base color.  I have to say that I really enjoyed the scent of Mimic.  I can't comment on what perfume it smells like, because I'm not a perfume connoisseur, but the company information says it contains blackberry, damask rose and sandalwood.  I was sniffing my nails all evening.   And I love the bottles - little squat square bottles with colored scented goodness in them!



This morning I applied a fauxnad over the base color using plate M72 and a Sally Hansen gold chrome pen.  I love these for stamping - great pigmented color!


What do you think of this fauxnad?  I've been really uninspired lately but I'm really liking this one!

8 comments:

  1. Yum jelly and the gold looks so nice over it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very pretty color and the desing is super cute.
    ~Jazmin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colour combo is so gorgeous! I think I need to hunt that pen down!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That coral is a gorgeous color.

    I just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. You can check out the details on my most recent post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) We're so glad you enjoy the blog!

      Delete
  5. I really love this color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHERE DO U GET ALL UR LOVELY KONAD STUFF!!!!! really, u have the most AMAZING designs, and i am always inspired by you!! I JUST WANNA DO WHAT U DO!!!!!!! but, i can never find exactly what u hav, which is ALL THE BEST!! plz help!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you and read every one of your comments! Leave a comment below :) We request that you do not post links to your blog in the comment section. If you want us to check out your blog, please send us an email at mad.manis@yahoo.com. Comments with links will, regretfully, be removed.