ShareThis

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Electric Beat Funky French

Hello out there! I'm still alive :)

I went to visit the BF this past weekend at his parents' house, and his mom had a super cute mani on that I just HAD to recreate. Hers was a gel mani (she gets them done at a salon), but I didn't see why I couldn't do the same thing with regular polishes! It was so simple but I just really loved the way it looked for some reason.



The base here is two coats of China Glaze Electric Beat. The french tips are China Glaze First Mate, and the silver is just a regular old silver striping polish.



I really like the way this came out, I just wish those stupid striping polishes were easier for me to use. The lines turned out gloopy and not as straight as I would've liked. And I pulled up the base color on my thumb, and my polish had been dry for a few hours. *tear* I rarely do funky french manis because I usually don't have the patience to sit down and do them. And I always get polish leaking underneath the tape, but I was mildly successful today! Snaps for Amanda!


When BF's mom was showing me her nails on Friday, she goes "Look at my nails! Are they too much?!" to which I laughed and thought, "girl have you SEEN what I put on my nails? Nothing's over the top for me...I put freaking neon pink zebra stripes on my nails!". I thought you guys would appreciate that :)

Aaaand I'm going to wrap this up because my Blogger changed to the new format and I HATE it and can't find anything!

Hope you all have a fantastic week. And question: Would any of you be interested in a "Nail Art for Beginners" blog series? Let us know in the comments!

16 comments:

  1. Love this. I have the same problem with stripers. I could never be s surgeon. And.....I hate the new blogger format.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this nail polish idea! I love blues and greens, this is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I vote yes to the, "Nail Art for Beginners" blog series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nail art for beginners would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful!! I love the colours and the design! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! i'm wearing Electric Beat right now too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great! Love the two toned blue look.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very simple and pretty mani!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please make a "nail art for begginers"! That would be awesome because I love all of your designs and I am a fellow nail painter and would love to try some of them! Make the series and keep painting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a beginner, so I would love some beginners tutorials... I have been uploading some pics of nails I do... I try. :)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you and read every one of your comments! Leave a comment below :) We request that you do not post links to your blog in the comment section. If you want us to check out your blog, please send us an email at mad.manis@yahoo.com. Comments with links will, regretfully, be removed.